Crispy Simits

Look at these beautiful, crispy, seeded breads – don’t they make you hungry?

aDSC02864c

This is Turkish fast food at its best: a sesame seed coated bread, popular with tea and maybe jam or honey, or just as commonly on its own.

aDSC02864c2

They are readily available on the streets of Istanbul, and the  fishermen on Galata Bridge certainly enjoy theirs – click here to see why I say that.

Linked to Fun Foto Challenge: Texture and Foto Friday.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Fun Foto Challenge, Street Food and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Crispy Simits

1. cvail says:

I love the simit sellers…nice photo!

2. librarylady says:

Wow, I wish I hadn’t skipped lunch. Thanks for sharing, it’s always fun to get a “taste” of another culture even if it’s only by photograph.

3. Cee Neuner says:

I saw this a couple of times yesterday, It only makes me hungry, which means your nailed this photo. Thanks so much for playing.

4. Pingback: Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Texture | A mom's blog

5. LaVoice says:

Would love to have a big slice of that bread. I have decided my body craves it. I stopped buying so much.

6. Pingback: Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge-Textures | WoollyMuses

7. Pingback: Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Texture | Nola Roots, Texas Heart

8. aishasoasis says:

Wonderful texture – I can taste them! In Egypt sesame seeds are called sim sim – pretty ‘similar! ‘

9. Pingback: Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Smooth objects | Cee's Photography

10. Cee Neuner says:

Congratulations, I have featured you on Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge!

11. Chris Donner says:

Congrats for being featured by Cee.

12. Congrats on being a feature blogger. This bread is killin’ me! I am a carb junkie and this looks amazing!

I would love your feedback:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s